Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Totally Random Wednesday #5- BWE Power Playlist


Chicas, this battle out of Blackistan can be long and hard. It ain't easy to keep rollin' with the punches but when we look back at the awesome heritage of womanhood from which we descend, we can keep that chin up and that upper lift stiff. Remember that you are Harriet's daughters, Sojourner's daughters. Ida's, Madame C.J.'s and Maya's daughters. We don't fall down and we don't die! When ever you need encouragement, a time to vent or just mellow out, these are some of the best songs to help you through. Music is a great way to immediately take your mind off of all the negativity. Add them to your playlist and play them while your are studying, working, building your business, losing that weight, properly vetting men. And remember that your sister JaeJae is thinking of you and cheering you on! 

 *Don't forget to turn the sound off on the playlist at the bottom. :-)


*Jessica Simpson-These Boots Are Made for Walkin'
*Jessica Simpson- A Public Affair
*Ashton Sheppard-Look It Up
*Miranda Lambert-Baggage Claim
*Anna Nalik-Just Breathe
*Des-ree- You Gotta Be
*Flyleaf-Arise
*Taylor Swift-Eyes Open
*Mary J. Blige- Just Fine
*Rihanna- Only Girl
*Katy Perry- Firework
*Ani DeFranco- 32 Flavors-(love this one!!!!!!)
*Telepopmusick-Breathe
*Superchick- Beauty From Pain
*Fiona Apple- Sleep To Dream
*2NE1- I don't care-(cute Korean song about a girl who's had it with her faithless BF!)
*BarlowGirl- Mirror
*Alanis Morrisette- One Hand in My Pocket
*Tool-Ænema-(OK. I was in a totally pessimistic mood when I chose this song so if you are really feeling P.O.'d this one's for you.)
*Seether- Breakdown- (LOVE THIS!!!!)
*Whitney Houston- I'm Every Woman
*Marilyn Manson- Tourniquet- (I LOVE this song! Manson wrote it at a low point in his life and I have often found the lyrics relative to my own pain at times.)

Strange order and strange taste I have, I know but, I do love random!






If you hear a song and you like it or you have a suggestion for the playlist, lemme know!