Monday, April 30, 2012

OMG! I didn't invent the term "Blackistan"!!!!!!

So, if anybody has read my page "Escaping Blacklistan" you would know that I give a step-by-step guide on how to do just that. I totally, totally thought that this was something that I came up with first. As I mentioned, it just came after I actually looked up what "-stan" at the end of a country's name meant. Well, after browsing another sister's site, "CW at Black Women Deserve Better", I followed her link to find that back in 2009, the author of "Don't Bring Home a White Boy", Karyn Leghorne Folan, actually used the trope first. I am shocked! I had no idea. And as it is clearly all over the internet nearly 3 whole years before I got in the blogesphere, I truly hope that any who may have noticed the discrepancy will understand that I HONESTLY had no idea and would never claim to have started something that could have been so easily disproven. I guess great minds really do think alike, if I could be so bold as to compare myself to Mrs. Folan. I am never one to highjack anybody else's creativity or stake credit for things that I never did so I just wanted to clear that up and give credit where it's due.